Today I was trying to debug a big Eloquent Query in one of my Laravel Applications, and I couldn't understand what was the issue.
I wrote a feature test and hit the route endpoint to trigger the controller's code, to check the values returned by the Eloquent query that is inside, but the results were wrong.
The only way to debug this is to actually check what SQL query is executed by Eloquent.
There is a really easy way to do that, and it immediately helped me debug my Eloquent Query.
In my test I simply added those lines:
Just Before executing the test's code
Right after hitting the controller or the Eloquent Query
Run that specific test and you'll see exactly what is the SQL query that Eloquent is executing.
Hope it helps ;)